- Automation and special purpose machine design and preparation of mechanical drawings
- Apply creativity in converting verbal concepts or rough sketches into 3D CAD designs
- Review drawings for accuracy, material selection, machining techniques finishes & hardness
- Establishing & maintaining standards for engineering drawings and specs.
- Produce BOM for equipment
- Design of prototype machine components for proof of concept
- De-bug and standardize mechanical systems
- Examine project instructions & drawings to determine test specs, procedures, objectives, test equipment & problems involved in design.
- Work with team to quote / budget new equipment projects for production.
- Prepare RFQ’s for outsource components & assemblies. Work with selected suppliers to ensure completeness and accuracy of their work
- Reporting technological development and timeline for SR&ED
- Project Management of mechanical builds to produce quality results on time & within budget
- Bachelor’s degree or technology diploma in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design, management and launch of special purpose machinery
- Familiarity with GD&T, pneumatics, hydraulics & machine control logic.
- Excellent communications, negotiating, conflict management, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work effectively with a team
This position provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to join an advanced, leading edge Canadian manufacturing firm where you will learn the technology side of our business from the ground up.