We are currently looking for an experienced Mechanical Designer to join our team. This individual will be responsible for the design, development, construction and optimization of automation and mechanical systems. In addition they will monitor and interpret existing and proposed product/industry regulations.
- Automation and special purpose machine design and preparation of mechanical drawings
- Apply creativity in converting verbal concepts or rough sketches into 3D CAD designs
- Review drawings for accuracy, material selection, machining techniques finishes & hardness
- Establishing & maintaining standards for engineering drawings and specs.
- Produce BOM for equipment
- Design of prototype machine components for proof of concept
- De-bug and standardize mechanical systems
- Examine project instructions & drawings to determine test specs, procedures, objectives, test equipment & problems involved in design.
- Work with team to quote / budget new equipment projects for production.
- Prepare RFQ’s for outsource components & assemblies. Work with selected suppliers to ensure completeness and accuracy of their work
- Reporting technological development and timeline for SR&ED
- Project Management of mechanical builds to produce quality results on time & within budget
- Bachelor’s degree or technology diploma in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design, management and launch of special purpose machinery
- Familiarity with GD&T, pneumatics, hydraulics & machine control logic.
- Excellent communications, negotiating, conflict management, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work effectively with a team
This position provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to join an advanced, leading edge Canadian manufacturing firm where you will learn the technology side of our business from the ground up.
Administrative support to President
- Provide confidential administrative support to the president and senior management team.
- Oversee and coordinate calendar for President.
- Attend, record and distribute minutes of management meetings and coordinate follow-up as required
- Manage corporate travel
- Prepare and edit, high quality correspondence / communications, presentations and
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports, documents, summaries and analysis of data.
- Provide timely feedback on pertinent business issues to the President during his absence.
- Organize, file and retrieve documents and reference materials.
- Answer and manage incoming calls for the president to minimize distractions.
Marketing / Business Development
- Develop / Manage social media strategy for company
- Coordinate / complete responses to requests for information
- Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications
- Maintain databases (ie. quote activity, sales follow-up, KPI’s etc.)
- Coordinate with outside suppliers for marketing materials.
- Arrange and co-ordinate with HR, meetings, luncheons and other events.
- Collaborate with HR to develop and publish monthly employee newsletter and updates for communication screen in cafeteria
- Participate in social committee activities geared to improving morale / employee engagement
- Chair cross functional committee, compile CI ideas from throughout business, triage and coordinate CI activities
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels to ensure smooth and timely execution on key strategic initiatives
- Utilize / establish appropriate project management tools including timelines, budgets and progress reports to ensure timely implementation.
- Co-ordinate and carry out project-based work.
- Coordinate compilation of data from functional managers into KPI’s for analysis by operations leadership.
- Provide recommendations for improvement
Education: Any of: Engineering degree, MBA, BA Marketing,
Great Career Opportunity
We are currently looking for Production Associates to join our team. This is a full-time role that offers a benefits package and a comprehensive training plan.
Wage: Starting hourly rate is $19/hour and BENEFITS after successful completion of 3 months of probationary period (Light Assembly, 12-hour continental shifts)
- Work around automated assembly equipment such as robotic and fixed automation
- Pack and inspect parts to ensure they are defect free
- Identify non-conforming products and communicate issues to the supervisor
- Assemble and test a range of small, high precision parts while meeting both quality and productivity targets.
- Maintain a safe and orderly work environment
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures
- Meet daily production and quality targets
Are you Qualified?
- Excellent eye/hand coordination
- Ability to multi-task and respond quickly to changes as required
- Experience in a high paced manufacturing facility
Availability: Full-time opportunity, you will be required to work rotating 12-hour shifts both days and nights.
We are currently looking for an experienced Quality Manager to join our team, reporting to the Director of Operations.
Oversee and ensure companywide compliance to IATF quality system
- Coordinate regular quality system, manufacturing and product audits. Initiate and follow-up on corrective actions, analyze results, identify improvement opportunities
- Oversee compilation and tracking of key operating indicators (KOIs), facilitate, prioritize and plan actions to drive positive improvements.
- Develop / lead / support CIP initiatives geared to driving improvement to quality system, products and services.
- Lead pursuit of zero defects to the customer
Support to Production
- Participate / lead cross functional teams in working to resolve quality related plant floor issues
- Analyze and improve problem analysis methodologies geared to accelerating root cause analysis, corrective action planning and implementation
- Critically assess current in-process quality monitoring methods and recommend / Implement improvements
- Conduct training of production personnel in quality related areas
- Develop / lead the implementation of a data driven CIP program focused on employee involvement
- Provide support in on-going implementation of 5S and lean manufacturing methods to improve productivity and quality improvement
Support to Program Management Group
- Fulfill a leadership role in facilitating a cross functional team approach to APQP
- Ensure timely compilation and submission of PPAP packages, track approval status and coordinate resolution of outstanding issues prior to SOP
- Implement appropriate pre-launch tracking of tool and automation performance and ensure effective resolution of problem areas
- Develop control plans, gauging strategies, inspection instructions, and related supporting documentation.
Fulfill a single point of contact role for all customer quality concerns.
- Develop strong customer relationships based on trust and mutual respect, ensuring Adventec’s interests are protected in negotiations.
- Lead effective problem reporting and resolution process in support of timely turnaround of quality issues ensuring corrective actions are effective, permanent, and irreversible in nature.
- Monitor/track customer satisfaction indices via regular visits, surveys, etc. to proactively identify concern areas and develop corrective actions.
- Develop third-party local support to enable cost-effective containment / sorting near customers
- Ensure required customer reports in response to issues are submitted in a timely manner
Supplier Quality Assurance
Review current incoming inspection methodologies and make improvements
- Develop supplier qualification process, and ongoing performance rating system in conjunction with the materials department.
- Conduct supplier quality audits.
- Participate/lead problem resolution processes to assist in the permanent elimination of problem areas with suppliers.
- Provide primary point of contact for supplier quality concerns and facilitate chargebacks when appropriate
Quality Organization and People Management
- Oversee the recruitment, training, development, and motivation of a highly competent professional quality organization to maintain Adventec at the forefront of its sector
- Develop a formal staff succession plan geared to grooming future QA leadership potential within Adventec
- Coaches the quality team to innovatively and proactively facilitate and engage and achieve key performance indicators for planning, customer, supplier outreach, and other relevant areas for the success of the team.
- 7 + years of progressive leadership experience in QA in an IATF-registered automotive parts manufacturing environment.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of IATF 16949 and Core Tools.
- Experience in injection/ insertion moulding of electrical interconnectors and switches is an asset.
- Engineering degree Industrial, mechanical or electrical.
We are currently looking for a recent mechanical technician / CNC grad to join our firm as a CNC programmer/operator. Where you will have the opportunity to learn in a hands-on manner CNC machining as well as general machining and tool making, gaining experience in both fabrication and maintenance of tooling injection molds, high speed progressive dies and robotic assembly equipment.
- Program and machine a variety of components for dies, molds, automation, fixtures and gauges to precise tolerances
- Read and interpret blueprints and CAD files
- Program, setup & operate CNC machinery to make parts according to specifications
- Verify dimensions of machined features for accuracy and conformance to specifications using various precision measuring instruments
- Write and/or edit programs using Mastercam to optimize and/or correct machine performance
- General shop cleaning duties and routine equipment maintenance.
- Completion of a mechanical engineering technician program in CNC machining.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Capable of working with manual machines as required
- Positive work ethic, flexibility, curiosity and initiative coupled with a passion for expanding skills.
- Willing to learn and assist when necessary with mold and die maintenance activities
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Able to work both day and afternoon shifts
This position will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to join an advanced leading edge Canadian manufacturing firm and gain exposure to a wide range of advanced tooling technologies operating under one roof. Successful, highly motivated employees will have a range of future advancement opportunities that may include enrollment in tool and die apprenticeship.
Work as part of the manufacturing team to participate in early-stage design reviews of new automation cells and carry out their assembly, debugging, and optimization aiming toward a smooth handover of the cell to production. Further, support continuous improvement on the production floor through the design and fabrication of projects related to safety, ergonomics, and automation optimization.
- Work from engineering drawings or sketches to execute the assembly of purchased and fabricated components into a working automation cell.
- Aid in troubleshooting of newly built machinery and automation cells to ensure all design issues are identified and corrected thereby guaranteeing a smooth handover to production.
- Recommend modifications to new system designs in consultation with engineering where required to solve problems, achieve fit, or meet functional objectives.
- Track and report all exceptions and changes to designs to ensure they are documented.
- Assist in project planning and coordination to ensure project objectives are met (on time, on budget, fully functional).
- Document all lessons learned to ensure application on future automation projects.
- Conduct research on new technologies, machinery or equipment to benchmark and guide equipment selection.
- Work directly with the Automation Optimization Specialist to understand gaps in the performance of our automation.
- Work with the manufacturing team to aid in identifying and implementing design changes geared towards reducing stoppages and optimizing existing machinery and automated work centers.
- Track and follow up on machinery modifications to assess the effectiveness and ensure issues are fully addressed and corrected.
- Participate in cross-functional problem-solving teams.
- Assist in debugging, modification, or enhancement of existing production cells to support CIP and drive improvements to cycle time, yield or up-time.
- Solid, demonstrated mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- High competency in reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Proficient in SolidWorks.
- Strong working knowledge of precision pneumatics, servo-controlled mechanisms, robotics, and control systems.
- Must be a team player capable of working methodically and managing activities/timelines to ensure deadlines are met with a minimum of supervision.
- Experience working with high-volume manufacturing automation.
- Engineering degree or technology diploma or tool and die or millwright skill trades.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interact professionally.
Position Description Summary
We are currently recruiting a Materials and Supply Chain Manager possessing the energy, knowledge, leadership and experience with end-to-end supply chain, preferably in a complex, manufacturing environment. A background collaborating with international and domestic suppliers and customers throughout North America (especially Mexico) would be an asset.
He/She will be reporting directly to the Director of Operations and have oversight over the Purchasing, Production Planning, Logistics, Warehousing / Distribution, and Customer Service functions.
This is a “hands-on” leadership role in the development and implementation of best practices geared to achieving an improved overall value chain.
Forecast and Manage Demand
● Collect and Analyze Historical and Environmental Demand Data
● Influence Demand through Marketing Activities
● Build the Forecast
● Align Supply with Demand
Manage the Global Supply Chain Network and Information
● Define and Manage the Supply Chain Network
● Manage Customer, Supplier, Product/Item, Engineering and Logistics Master Data
● Develop and Manage Reports, Analytics and Metrics
Source Products and Services
● Align Sourcing Activities to Demand
● Manage Categories for Sourcing of Products and Services
● Evaluate and Select Suppliers
● Manage Purchase Orders & RFX Process
Manage Internal Operations and Inventory
● Plan Operations
● Manage Inventory
● Measure and Assess Performance
● Analyze and Utilize Applicable Kaizen (CI) Philosophies
(5S, Lean, Kaizen, TQM, TOC, Six Sigma)
Manage Supply Chain Logistics
● Define and Manage the Distribution Network
● Provide Distribution Services
● Evaluate Trade Considerations
● Design and Manage Reverse Flow
Manage Customer and Supplier Relationships
● Manage Customer Relations
● Manage Supplier Relations
Manage Supply Chain Risk
● Identify Risks (e.g., supply disruption, supplier compliance, financial, intellectual, cybersecurity)
● Assess Impact, Timing, or Probability of Risks
● Determine Response to Mitigate Risks
● Execute and Evaluate Risk Response
Evaluate and Optimize the Supply Chain
● Optimize the Supply Chain Strategy
● Optimize the Supply Chain Network and Processes
● Leverage usage of a new ERP system
● Embed Sustainability into the Supply Chain
● Consider Emerging Trends (e.g., intelligent supply chain, blockchain, control towers, quantum computing, IOT)
● Minimum 3-5 years’ experience managing in a supply chain capacity; overall 5-10 years’ supply chain background
● Knowledge of automotive, metal fabrication and/or plastic-injection molding
manufacturing markets would be an asset
● Experience in more than one of the following functions: Purchasing, Production Planning, Logistics, Warehouse/Distribution, and Customer Service
● Successful track record of innovative leadership in similar roles
● Entrepreneurial and hands-on mindset
● Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, listening and presentation)
● Leadership abilities that focus on taking charge, accomplishing goals, and developing/motivating staff to realize team goals
● Promote growth and development of direct reports through mentoring and coaching
● Demonstrate high level of professionalism and ethics managing internal and external customers
● Proven ability to think critically/analytically to understand complex situations and problem-solve issues utilizing Lean principles and Continuous Improvement tools
● Comfortable with data analytics and KPI reporting
● Effectively manage multiple projects, priorities, and timelines with high attention to detail
● Demonstrated experience in strategic sourcing, from planning to awarding contracts via RFx process
● Strong cross-functional, supplier and customer relationships to gain consensus decision-making related to demand management, forecasting and contractual compliance in various geographies throughout North America, especially Mexico
● Exceptional understanding of spend analysis, category management, commodity management, landed costing, and their overall impact on the financial bottom-line
● Previous budgeting and P/L responsibility would be an asset
● Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP / MRP, Transportation and Warehouse Management Software
● Canadian Logistics Institute designation (P.Log) or ASCM certification (CSCP, CPIM or CLTD) or Supply Chain Canada certification (CSCMP) – strongly preferred
● Monday to Friday (on-site)
This individual is a member of the Technician Team. The Team is responsible to optimize equipment performance to meet customer requirements (quality and delivery). The individual is responsible to set up tools, adjust and troubleshoot machines and auxiliary and automation equipment, producing a variety of parts according to daily production schedule, and ensuring that these parts meet customer delivery and quality requirements.
- Take ownership of the work environment and responsibility to meet appropriate production goals (e.g. internal quality, overall equipment effectiveness, and schedule attainment targets).
- Startup/shut down and operate machines, automation equipment, and auxiliary equipment in a safe and cost-effective manner in accordance with the production schedule as per the instructions issued by the supervisor.
- Check safety systems every time any equipment is started up and report any safety malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Train and develop junior technicians and technician assistants.
- Ensure all ERP production and scrap reporting is completed at the end of every shift.
- Ensure all PM and quality checks are performed on time and documented.
- Troubleshoot the equipment in order to produce a product that meets the quality standards required by the Q.A. department.
- Communicate effectively with the previous and next shift technician on production status.
- Follow standard parameters sheets for tooling and machine set up, make note of eventual changes made in the logbook and make recommendations for process improvement.
- When recommendations and or process changes are approved by supervisor and Q.A. update standard parameters sheets. Provide first off and last off samples to Q.A department for every run.
- Perform quality checks as required by QC in-process inspection every 4 hours, as well as visual checks on all products every 2 hours.
- Refer to supervisor instructions and or production schedule priorities when answering machine alarms.
- Always ensure that trial, troubleshooting, or scrap/start parts are identified and segregated from regular production parts. When performing a tool change, follow the set-up guideline instructions.
- If any machine, tooling, and or automation damage or breakdown occurs the supervisor must be notified and a troubleshooting report must be submitted to the shift supervisor by the end of the shift.
- Direct the activities of other technicians, technician helpers, and production associates on the off-shifts.
- Responsible to ensure housekeeping and 5 S standards are maintained during the duration of the shift.
- Make recommendations and assist in establishing “best practice” rules as they relate to the production of parts, implementing such rules into procedures and work instructions.
- Assist the supervisors in directing operators for duties and if required relieve operators for breaks. Keep the equipment clean during the shift.
- Education: Technical courses or diplomas, or equivalent education preferred.
- Two to five years of experience as a technician in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical aptitude or ability.
- Leadership qualities, problem-solving abilities.
- Able to work 12-hour continental shifts, rotating days and nights
What We Offer
This position provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to join an advanced, leading-edge Canadian manufacturing firm to learn the technology side of our business from the ground up. Drug and Dental benefits after completing 3 months of probation period.
If you are a highly motivated, mature, and organized individual who enjoys a challenge and knows how to take initiative, we would like to hear from you. Interested, qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes.